An alternative feed innovation that uses crop by-products to create nutritious livestock feed.
What is the price range for the pelleting machines?
Have these machines be acquiered by the farmers themselves or with external funds?
- Cost-benefit ratio of pellet technology?
- a possibility for local manufacturers?
- target environment for pellets?
Why pellets as opposed to other forms of densifies feed (blocks etc.)?
- very interesting technology. how long does it take to break even after investing in such pelleting machines?
- Is there evidence from the perfornance trials?
- have farmers paid for the machines themselves or with external support?
- what is the average price for the pelleting machines?
- how was the technology transfer (both machines and knowledge on how to make pellets) done?
- Is there any economic analysis on the financial viability of investing in a pelleting machine?
- How easily is it for a farmer to adopt the technology. what are the barriers for adoption?
Are they accessible to all scale of farming?
How do you ensure consistency of ingredients between suppliers and seasons?